Even when We select 'Take no action' and check the 'Do this in the future' box, autoplay is executed the next time I insert my media or device.
This also bring harm effect to our computer. Virus can be attack our Computer by let the autoplay Configuration On.
If we disable our Autoplay, our computer will probably safer from viruses.
The autorun file in the plug and play drive (Autorun.inf or autorun.ini) can't be work if we turn off autoplay in all drives. So The Virus that usually came with autorun can't directy infected our computer.
We can disable autoplay in 2 manners,
1. Configure gpedit.msc
2. Configure Registry as brief explained here
How to Configure Registry Editor to disable autoplay in Windows XP is brief explained below :
1. Click Start --> Run
2. Type regedit in Run Windows
3. Browse For HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
4. Set NoDriveTypeAutoRun Value to ff
5. Reboot Our Computer.
6. Finish, Your Computer Autoplay Configuration is become off.